Monday, September 19, 2011

PREVIEW: EXPOSING "THE CODE" OF THE CROSSING CHURCH-PART TWO

SUMMARY OF MY POST DATED 9/17/2011
In my post EXPOSING "THE CODE" OF THE CROSSING CHURCH:PART ONE... I told you my intentions of exposing the values of The Crossing church a.k.a. "THE CODE" , and that I will be rolling out my expose' over the next few months. I also compared The Crossing's values as a church (THE CODE)  to the values of my church, Redeemer Bible Church". In addition to that, I invited all critics, including Eric Dykstra and all Crossing leadership, to join the discussion and supply the biblical texts to support their beliefs and practices.  

But before I get into the nuts and bolts of each point of The Crossing's values, "THE CODE", there are a few details that must be established and pointed out. It may take another week to do this so stay tuned in! For now, I'll start with one detail of utmost importance.    

 ESTABLISHING AN AUTHORITATIVE STANDARD
First and foremost, there must be complete agreement between what I believe about Scripture and what The Crossing claims to believe about Scripture.

In a prior post, "Tornadoes Are Destructive Things..." dated 7/23/2011, I discussed the "authorative standard" that both I and the Crossing church have in common...

"...we have to agree that we (The Crossing and I) use the same authoritative standard, otherwise there is no use having any discussion at all. Fortunately, the one authoritative standard we can agree on is the Bible; In the first of ten doctrinal statements, confessed on behalf of Crossing leadership it says, and I quote this exactly as it was said on the "I Love My Church". video, "The Bible is God's Word and totally accurate. It is our final authority".


That is true. 2 Timothy 3:16-17, says this of the whole Bible, "All Scripture (the Bible) is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."  


 So The Crossing claims that the Bible is authoritative, it's totally accurate, and that the Bible is their final authority on all they preach, teach, and how to conduct their lives. So if Eric Dykstra believes that 2 Timothy 3:16-17 is God's Word, then he should have no problem being reproved and corrected by God's Word. Which is what I aim to do.  


To summarize, I have established an authoritative standard in the Bible. The Crossing profess that the Bible is their final authority. And, I assume that most of us who think that The Crossing is a heretical, abusive, legalistic, non-gospel preaching church, also profess the Bible as their final authority. Christians use Scripture to instruct in righteousness, teach us Truth, correct and reprove error. 


We believe Scripture is complete in that it contains everything we need to know without any further revelation from God. True Gospel-getting people understand and embody 2 Timothy 3:16-17."

According to The Crossing's "Statement of Faith", we are in perfect agreement.

The first statement in their confession is...

  • "We believe that the Bible is the verbally and totally inspired Word of God, inerrant in it's original manuscripts. The Bible is our supreme and final authority in faith and life. (2Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21)  

  That is a very biblical, orthodox statement on Scripture! I will use our agreement that Scripture alone is our supreme and final authority, and will therefore serve as the backbone of all my critique on "THE CODE" plus and any other criticism on what The Crossing teaches and practices. Specifically, I will be examining THE CODE under the microscope of God's Word, looking for areas where THE CODE directly contradicts God's Word. 


Make sure you check back into this series because right away, before I even get into dissecting THE CODE, I have found a bona fide contradiction imbedded in The Crossing's very own "Statement Of Faith".  I will prove that Eric Dykstra has painted himself into a very serious corner that he cannot logically and biblically argue his way out of!   



No comments:

Post a Comment