Saturday, February 25, 2012

WEEKLY BLOG POSTING SCHEDULE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WEEKLY BLOG POSTING SCHEDULE
On a recent post, FUTURE PLANS FOR THIS BLOG, I revealed a rough sketch of what I would like to accomplish in the future on my blog THE CROSSING: CHURCH OR CULT. I came up with an outline that I think will strike the right balance between critiquing The Crossing's beliefs and practices coupled with proclaiming, explaining, and resting in the one true Gospel. It goes like this... 
  • MONDAYS: EXAMPLES OF LIVING OUT THE GOSPEL IN MY EVERYDAY LIFE. 
  • TUESDAYS: DISCERNMENT/FALSE GOSPELS/FALSE TEACHERS  
  • WEDNESDAYS: SERMONS THAT PREACH THE GOSPEL
  • THURSDAYS: CRITIQUE OF THE CROSSING CHURCH
  • FRIDAYS: GOSPEL FUNDAMENTALS/DOCTRINE
  • SATURDAYS: GUEST BLOG POSTS
  • SUNDAYS: ODDS AND ENDS 
CATEGORIES
As much as possible, I will attempt to tie together each week's blog post categorically; for example, let's say on Monday's post I share my struggle with the sin of self-reliance. Tuesday's post might emphasize how false teachers advance a false doctrine of self-reliance. I may post a sermon on Wednesday that deals with relying on God and not on self. Thursday I could point out an example from Eric Dykstra's sermon that exemplify self-reliance. Friday I may provide a more in depth study on self-reliance, with Scriptural proof texts. Saturday I may copy/paste another blog post from a reliable source on the sin of self-reliance. I think you get the idea. Sunday I am leaving open, but I have several ideas on different subjects I can post on Sundays. 

 I am not saying that every day of the week will unite under the banner of a single category, but I will be more inclined to tie a certain category together throughout the week. Additionally, blog categories will not necessarily be restricted to one week. I may spend up to several weeks fleshing out a particular category, and I may add to a category I have already covered in the past, Therefore, it's likely I'll have more than one category running at the same time throughout the week.

As I blog, I will provide a hyperlink tool under the heading CATEGORIES that will provide a list of all of my blog posts related to a particular category.

 I CAN'T DO IT ALL!
The last thing I want is to be burdened with a blog posting schedule that I absolutely must adhere to, which reeks of legalism, so please keep in mind that I may not post every day of the week. I may only post four times per week, depending on time restraints. So don't be disappointed if you check my blog on Friday looking for a post on Gospel Fundamentals/Doctrine, and it's not there.

WHY THE CHANGES?
It is all about the Gospel. Yes, I do want to focus my attention on the teachings and practices of The Crossing Church. Christians ought to expose false gospels and false teachers; it's in the Bible. But I also want to provide positive, Gospel saturated media to read, listen to, and watch.

If you have followed my blog up until October of 2011, you will notice a sort of random, haphazard collection of posts that lack any sort of organized time frame. I believe that can be frustrating to anyone who follows my blog. But by having the new blog posting schedule in place, followers will know what to expect on a particular day of the week. It will also help me to plan in advance on what I want to focus on in the following week.

My blog posts will be rooted in liberating Gospel truth, and while I may not provide proof texts for every point of doctrine I mention, I can provide the necessary biblical proof texts if you would like, just request the biblical  proof texts to back up my doctrinal point I will provide.  

WHEN WILL THE BLOG POSTING SCHEDULE TAKE EFFECT?
Right now it looks like Monday March 5th will be the day I will begin with the new blog posting schedule. I would like your input on whether you think you will like the changes that will be taking place, so don't forget to take the poll in the upper right hand corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment