Wednesday, August 31, 2011

God's Gift To You: 9/1/2011


Welcome to the first installment of "God's Gift To You". The first givaway is a Christian classic written by R.C. Sproul, "The Holiness of God". It is a used paperback book in excellent condition. 


   
What does it mean when the Bible speaks of God as "Holy"? I'll give you a hint. It is more than just moral purity. Holiness is the crowning attribute in which all of His other attributes are subsumed.  If you want to really understand the gravity of your sin you must first come to grips with the Holiness of God. Apart from knowledge of God's Holiness, all your sins will only seem trivial. I would put this book in the category of "Must Read"!

THIS IS HOW IT WILL WORK

  •  Roughly once a week I will post a picture and description of  "God's Gift To You" that I intend to give away; for example a book or cd. Then anyone who wants to participate can e-mail me at casey.nygren@parknicollet.com About a week later I will select and contact the person who will receive the gift. 
  • I would encourage you to provide your spiritual background, whether you think you are a Christian or not, on what grounds you think you are or are not a Christian, and why you would like to receive that particular gift. I may use this information in making my decision, or I might just throw all names into a hat and pick one.
A FEW POINTS TO CONSIDER

  • I will contact you either by e-mail or cell phone if you are the winner. You can then give me an address where I can send your gift.
  • I may send an additional gift that applies to your current spiritual condition, circumstances, concerns, or questions regarding any point of doctrine that is a stumbling block to you.
  •  I will not post any of the winner's personal information on my blog to protect the winner from spiritual abuse.  
  • The "God's Gift To You" feature only applies to those who attend The Crossing or any other member of a church that they suspect is abusive, legalistic, or preaches a false gospel. The gift will also apply to anyone who doesn't understand the Gospel, does not know if they are are a genuine Christian, know they are not a Christian, but are interested, or they want to know more about the character of God. . 
  •  If you are a Christian with a solid understanding of the Gospel and everything that it entails, then please refrain from entering; I would rather give gifts to those who need it most.
  • You can be confident that I will not use your e-mail address for anything other than collecting information and receiving an address or cell phone number to send off your gift. I will not forward your information to any other enterprise, and I will not contact you for any other reason, unless you give me permission. However, you are free to contact me at any time.  
  • I would be happy to meet with you or talk with you on the phone if you have any concerns or questions.
  • If you did not win the gift but think that you would benefit spiritually by receiving it, contact me and I will see if I have the resources to get you the same gift.
  • Your feedback on what you thought of the gift is welcome and encouraged.


2 comments:

  1. So it is okay for you to give things away? Where does it say in the bible to bribe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gifts I am giving away are a means to teach Gospel Truth; which could ultimately ultimately restore the relationship between fallen man and Creator. Churches and Christians give away Gospel centered, Christ centered media all the time. This is not a bribe for people to visit my site. My intentions are noble. In fact, I'll be happy to give you a free gift just for the asking! Blessings, Casey

    ReplyDelete